For this month’s cheap flights post there are a bunch of brand new locations on the list. Of course, because we’re getting closer to summer the price range has increased by £10-£15 compared to other weeks but thanks to budget airlines like easyJet and Ryanair. Like I mentioned in my April post for cheap flights, Ryanair are cutting their flights from Glasgow International to just three routes at the end of this year, so it’s best to take advantage of these cheap flights while you can.
- Carcassonne, France: Carcassonne has been on my bucket list for a few months now, and now that I’ve found flights for just £25 return. The hilltop fortress town is located close to the Spanish border in southwest France and was added to the UNESCO World Heritage Site list over twenty years ago.
- Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona is a location that has been featured on many of these posts, and is just a three hour flight from Glasgow. Typically there are a handful of Spanish locations that are cheap to access from Glasgow, but because it’s so close to the summer months prices are beginning to spike. There is great shopping, food and sightseeing in Barcelona and it also has its own beaches. You can see plenty of photographs from our last trip to Barcelona on my blog post by clicking here.
- Palanga, Lithuania: This is the first time any Lithuanian locations have been features which is really exciting for those looking to travel to that part of the world on the cheap from Glasgow. Palanga is a seaside town along the Baltic coast which has a neo-Renaissance architecture. You can fly return for just £29 all throughout May.
- Brussels, Belgium: Brussels is, for me at least, a European city that you have to visit at least once. Not only is there incredible architecture, but there is some really good shopping areas as well as plenty of great bars and restaurants. Brussels also has train links to Paris, Amsterdam and other Belgian cities like Ghent and Antwerp that are all just a few hours away – so if you want to visit one of these places but flights are a little pricey, work out train fare plus these cheap flights and see if you can make the trip fit your budget. Return flights cost just £30 during May which is a steal, especially if you look carefully on Booking.com for cheap accommodation.
- Berlin, Germany: Berlin is an incredible location, with so much to do for people of all ages. It’s rich in history, art and architecture and has a really great pub and club scene for younger people. In the heart of Europe, it too is a great hub to travel to other locations throughout the continent from, and its super cheap once you get there, too. Return flights start at £27, to check dates and book all you have to do is click this link.
For updates on cheap flights from Glasgow every month, subscribe to my site at www.caitlinjeanrussell.com/subscribe