After taking a poll on my blog’s Facebook page – please click here and give the page a like if you haven’t already – I’ve decided to extend my posts on cheap flights from Glasgow to include ones on long-haul flights, too. In recent years the opportunity to fly direct from Glasgow to places like the USA and Canada have grown exponentially, and lots of other airlines like Etihad and Emirates also fly from the airport, too. In this post I’ve opted to include both direct flights and those with stopovers to include as broad a range of routes as possible. To make your trip as cheap as possible, I recommend using Booking.com to compare hotel prices and book the best option for you. If you’re keen on booking any of these flights, click here to use my post on Skyscanner to help you figure out how to go about booking flights on the website.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: You can fly direct return from Dubai this June for as little as £312 return with Emirates. As a tourist destination, Dubai’s popularity has grown exponentially over the last decade. The shopping is incomparable, it is home to the tallest building in the world and you have both the beach and the desert on your doorstep. Photo credit: The Telegraph
- New York, NY: New York is a must-see for everybody at some point in their life, but finding cheap flights (especially in the summer) can often be a challenge. You can fly with a stopover from as little as £332 this month, or direct with United Airlines for around £390. The trick to keeping costs down on a trip to New York is by using Booking.com as a tool to find cheap hotels. You can read my full review of the website and how to use it by clicking here, and read all about my last trip to New York on my blog here.
- Muscat, Oman: We flew into Muscat last summer on our way to Colombo, and just from what we seen from the plane and airport we knew it was a place we wanted to visit at a later date. The city is surrounded by mountains and desert, but sits on the edge of the Gulf of Oman. It has incredible architecture; from mosques, museums and palaces to Portuguese forts dating back to the sixteenth century. You can fly to the Omani capital with a stopover from as little as £316 this June.Photo credit: The Independent
- Toronto, ON: You can now fly direct to Toronto from Glasgow thanks to airlines like Air Canada and Air Transat. Toronto is an incredible city – for me it’s a lot like New York but a whole lot cleaner. The city has great shopping, great food and lots to do for sports and musical theatre lovers. It’s also a great base for travelling to nearby cities like Quebec City, Montreal and Ottawa. You can fly direct this June from as little as £347.
- San Francisco, CA: Not only can you fly to the East Coast of America on a budget, you can fly to the Pacific Coast for the same price. Although San Francisco may not have been on your bucket list, you should consider adding it. The city is rich in history and culture and has a heavy Victorian influence in terms of its architecture. Sights to see include Alcatraz prison, the Golden Gate Bridge and the city’s famous tram lines. Photo credit: The Crazy Tourist
These are just a selection of some of the flights available for under £350, so be sure to check out Skyscanner on your own if you have a particular location in mind. Thanks to Norwegian Air, there are now over ten cities you can fly to in the USA for under £400 even in the high season. Airlines are making it more and more affordable to fly long-haul, you just need to keep your eyes peeled for the best deals. If you’d like me to up the price bracket on these posts or have any other constructive comments about how far in advance I should publish them, please let me know.
All prices valid on 1/4/18 via Skyscanner’s search bar.
If you or anyone you know would like to receive these posts straight to your inbox every month, be sure to subscribe at www.caitlinjeanrussell.com/subscribe